| Elder Prince and Vitalina, a lady he baptized a year ago in Salvador at the beginning of his mission |
in preparation for elder bednar coming we have been assigned some talks to read and i really liked one part of one of the talks that i want to share with you guys.
"From these examples we recognize that as learners, you and I are to act and be doers of the word and not simply hearers who are only acted upon. Are you and I agents who act and seek learning by faith, or are we waiting to be taught and acted upon? Are the students we serve acting and seeking to learn by faith, or are they waiting to be taught and acted upon? Are you and I encouraging and helping those whom we serve to seek learning by faith? You and I and our students are to be anxiously engaged in asking, seeking, and knocking (see 3 Nephi 14:7)."
lots of what we do as missionaries is this exact invitation, for people to learn then ask God for answers. It is so important that we exercises our faith and agency to seek the Lord and His will for all of us. when we do this we are truly able to access knowledge and information straight from heaven or more easily put revelation. I am so happy to be born in this time when we have this knowledge to seek after our father in heaven.
elder prince
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.