Monday, February 6, 2017

February 5, 2017 letter -- Provo MTC

[Note from Karianne: Sam will fly to Brazil on Monday, Feb 13. He goes from Salt Lake City to Atlanta to Sao Paolo, and then onto Salvador.]

Hi mom!

I had chocolate ice cream last night and I just kinda imagined sitting at the counter at home. I'm glad you were able to make it through the whole superbowl. Did they have any good commercials? Tell robin hi! i meant to write her a thank you letter for the package she sent me but i have not gotten around to it yet lol. 

I love the plan of salvation. My testimony of our purpose has grown so much and its something that helps me get through everyday here. 

Tuesday night we had a nice devotional and the choir sung "where can I turn for peace" and I received another testament from the spirit that God knows and loves us all individually. I love this gospel and the chapter 31 of 3 Nephi where Jesus lets the people come and feel the nail marks one by one. 

Wednesday was a prettty good day but we were supposed to have a little teaching skype lesson with a member in Brazil but it did not work out. Technology problems man. I can feel the gift of tongues helping me every single day to learn all this Portuguese!! we also talked abut the importance of prayer and a quote from Jesus the Christ pg 238.

Thursday 3/4 members of our district recieved flight plans for Brazil!! The mission got a little more real and scary in that moment but I'm excited to be able to get out of the MTC and go serve people! Also to get out of the cold and snow in Provo hahaha. I have been reading lots in Alma about all the amazing missionaries and its so inspiring!

Friday and Saturday were both just kinda blurs. Nothing super exciting went on but they were both good days.

Yesterday we had mission conference and Fast Sunday. The focus of the day were Christ's teachings to the apostle Peter. It was incredible to see the change in Peter and Christ's amazing teachings and patience with him. Also faith like peter's is incredible. 

One thing that helped me was a quote from a devotional at the Institute from Jeffrey R. Holland that Holly shared with me. 

"It is not coincidental that the word used for Christ's experience in Gethsemane is that He is in 'agony'. If we say we are disciples of Christ... we will occasionally be in agony. And I bless you that when those moments come, contemporary issues, historical complexities, personal problems at home, challenges in a mission or marriage, wherever it is I pray and ask and bless you to the end that you will be strong."

God is there to help us. Take advantage of that. If Christ wanted us to suffer for our sins He would not have suffered and sacrificed himself. 

love you guys so much,
Elder Prince

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.